Light Weight Big Mountain Freeride. More play, More airtime.
Inspired by the Apostle 3.0, the North Shore 114 is the ultimate big brother of our All Mountain ski. Carbon construction for responsiveness, versatility and light weight.
Reminiscence of past 114 models, the new North Shore is the progressive Big Mountain Freeride ski. Compiling the playful and strong characteristics of our all mountain Apostle in an aggressive big mountain attitude. Because of the 114's extended sidecut, it has a longer effective edge for stability at speed coupled with increased rocker for deep conditions, but maintains a quick release tail for quick slashes and turns. It is the RMU ski for all Alpine conditions.
The North Shore 114 Carbon Tour drops 500g / 13% of weight per pair compared the to Wood construction. The incorporation of Carbon Fiber improves responsiveness and snappy control underfoot, while including rubber dampening in the tip and tail significantly reduces chatter. All while having a slightly softer flex pattern for a super playful style in your backcountry adventures for powder. The ultimate perks of a much lighter a lighter setup for walking up and floating down.
- Flex Pattern ( 0 Soft - 10 Stiff )
- Tips: 7
- Shovels: 7.5
- In Front of Toe Piece: 8 - 8.5
- Underfoot: 10
- Behind the Heel Piece: 9 - 8.5
- Tails: 8 - 7
- 3660g per pair at 184cm
- Freeride Mount Point: -5cm
- Traditional Mount Point: -7cm
We wanted a Freeride ski to take on the alpine, so we developed with RMU athlete Alex Armstrong. Inspired by her racing roots and big mountain style, they run stable at high speeds but maintain manoeuvrability to nail technical lines and slash a good old-fashioned pow turn. No matter what's in front, we've ensured it'll always leave a bomb hole its in the wake.
“The NS114 is my go to ski for anything from bottomless pow to pillow stacks to big mountain lines. Inspired by my racing roots and freeride style, they’re stable at speed, but still maneuverable to nail technical lines and slash a good old fashioned pow turn”
"..carried speed well and felt absolutely solid in everything from chunder to powder at high speeds. Super soft landings too for such a hard charging ski. Would absolutely recommend it.”
(1) ICP 8210 PI19 Nylon Top Sheet (2) Extra Thick ABS Sidewall 8.5MM (3) AeroSpace Carbon Fiber (4) 18 Oz Pre Preg Heavy Duty biax Fiberglass (5)Paulownia and Poplar Wood Core With Beech Mounting Plate (6) !in Felt to Increase Adhesion Between Unlike Materials (7) ABS Tip And Tail Spacer (8) AeroSpace Carbon Fiber (9) 26 Oz Pre Preg Heavy Duty Triax Fiberglass (10) Thin Felt to Increase Adhesion Between Unlike Materials (11) Full Wrap Rubber VDS For Superior Dampening (12) Extra Thick Steel Edges 2.3MM (13) Okulen 7150 C Graphite Race Base